Answering questions on Manchuria, 1936
- Answering Questions on Manchuria / 3
- I. POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY / 1
- 1. Where is Manchuria?
- 2. How large is Manchuria?
- 3. What are the topographical features of Manchuria?
- 4. What is the population of Manchuria?
- 5. What is the political status of Manchuria?
- 6. What are the administrative organs of Manchoukuo?
- II. RESOURCES AND INDUSTRIES / 9
- 7. What is the agricultural possibility in Manchuria?
- 8. What is the present extent of cultivation?
- 9. What are chief agricultural products of Manchuria?
- 10. Is there any possibility of domestic husbandry in Manchuria?
- 11. What is the extent of forestry resources in Manchuria?
- 12. What is the extent of forestry industry in Manchuria?
- 13. What are the metallic mineral resources in Manchuria?
- 14. What are non‐metallic mineral resources in Manchuria?
- 15. Has the salt manufacturing developed in Manchuria?
- 16. Is there any fishery in Manchuria?
- 17. What is the present condition of manufacturing industry in Manchuria?
- 18. What are the chief manufacturing industries in Manchuria?
- 19. Is there future of cotton,tobacco,and silk cultivation?
- 20. What is the industrial policy of Manchoukuo Government?
- 21. What is the nature of Manchoukuo Oil Monopoly?
- III. TRANSPORTATION AND COMMUNICATION. / 33
- 22. What are the transportation facilities in Manchuria?
- 23. What is the General Direction of Manchoukuo State Railways?
- 24. What is the South Manchuria Railway?
- 25. Are there motor roads and bus lines in Manchuria?
- 26. Can rivers in Manchuria be used for transportation purposes?
- 27. What is the condition of air transportation in Manchuria?
- 28. What are the shipping facilities in Manchuria?
- 29. How is the postal administration carried on?
- 30. How are the telephone and telegraph communication managed?
- IV. FINANCE / 48
- 31. How is the national finance organized in Manchoukuo?
- 32. What has become of the foreign loan obligations of the former regime?
- 33. What is the present currency system in Manchuria?
- 34. What is the banking policy of Manchoukuo?
- V. FOREIGN TRADE / 53
- 35. What are the important facts in the development of Manchurian trade?
- 36. What is the present status of Manchurian trade?
- 37. What are the principal commodities of exports?
- 38. What are the principal commodities of imports?
- 39. What is the customs arrangement in Manchuria?
- 40. What are the chief factors in the growth of Manchurian trade?
- VI. PEACE AND ORDER / 60
- 41. What are the characteristics of Manchurian bandits?
- 42. What is the present status of internal peace in Manchuria?
- 43. How is the police administered in Manchoukuo?
- VII. IMMIGRATION / 64
- 44. What is the present status of Chinese immigration into Manchuria?
- 45. What is the present status of Chosenese immigration into Manchuria?
- 46. Is the Japanese population in Manchuria increasing?
- 47. What is the status of Japanese immigration into Manchuria?
- VIII. EXTRATERRITORIALITY / 69
- 48. What is the origin of Japanese extraterritorial rights in Manchuria?
- 49. How is the Japanese consular jurisdiction organized in Manchuria?
- 50. How is the Japanese judicial system of the Kwantung Bureau organized?
- 51. How is the Railway Zone judicially administered?
- 52. How are the Japanese police forces organized in Manchuria?
- 53. Does Russia enjoy extraterritoriality in Manchuria?
- 54. Is Japan ready to relinquish her extraterritorial rights in Manchuria?
- IX. EDUCATION / 74
- 55. What is the history of education in Manchuria?
- 56. What is the present status of education in Manchoukuo?
- 57. What is the nature of Japanese educational work in Manchuria?
- 58. What is the contribution of missionaries in educational work?
- X. SANITATION AND HYGIENE / 79
- 59. What is the sanitary condition in Manchuria?
- 60. What was the native hygienic service in Manchuria?
- 61. What is the Japanese hygienic service in Manchuria?
- 62. What has been done towards cooperative plagueprevention work?
- The Industrial Map of Manchoukuo / 10
- The Map of Manchoukuo / 84
||Answering questions on Manchuria, 1936